Softlite Warranty and Liability Disclaimer
Softlite warrants to the original purchaser, the product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 90 Days from the date of purchase. Proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims. The board will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of the manufacturer. Warranty claims must be made through the original place of purchase.
This warranty is extended only to the original purchaser for purchases made from an authorized dealer and is not transferable.
PLEASE NOTE THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Damage through obvious misuse.
- Bubbling or delamination.
- Damage from a leash, fins, or other accessories.
- Creasing on either the deck or slick of the board.
- Snapped boards or damaged boards in and outside the surf.
- Any depressions from the rider (feet, knees, elbows, head etc) or other objects.
- Some chemicals contained in Sunscreen or Wax and lotions can affect (smear off) the print/logo on the board.
- Surfboard print (brand/logo) will wear off with time and use
- Seconds or Freight Damaged Softlite Boards.
- Lack of following through with the Softboard care instructions below.
Softboard Care Instructions Guide:
We want our Softlite boards to become an extension of you, the vehicle to take you to the next level. At Softlite HQ we live and breathe surfing, shaping each and every board with pride. Treat your ride with respect and take care of her. Nurture and caress her, wash and pamper her and she will return your affection. Treat her badly and she will soon leave you. With a bit of TLC, you and your friend will have plenty of good times ahead.
- Always keep your board as cool and dry as possible: Avoid letting it bake in the car.
- Do not store or leave the board outdoors (even inside its board bag) at the mercy of the elements
(humidity and UV radiation can lead to discoloring, molding, or bubbling).
- Keep the board indoors when you are not using it.
- Do not strap the board on the roof racks without a protective surf bag.
- If you have to leave it out in the sun, be sure to put in a bag or cover it with a towel also on the roof of the car even for a short drive.
- Rinse off your board with cool fresh water after every use.
- Do not use your board to sand slide or skim board.
- Do not over-test the flex by bending your board excessively.
- Try to store your board flat and clean when not in use.
- Avoid using solvents or cleaners on your board.
- Regularly inspecting your softboard for any signs of damage and fixing them promptly can help prevent water accumulation in the future.
- Regularly check the leash plug to see if any water is leaking from it, if so dismount it with a 20c coin and let it dry with the board standing upright.
These are soft surfboards, not toys or lifesaving devices.
- Always surf with a friend to share the stoke and look out for one another.
- Check surf spots for potential hazards before paddling out.
- Don't drop in, get in the way or interfere with other wave riders.
Other things to think about:
The ocean can be a dangerous place. With all the currents, waves, hidden objects, and of course, people, you need to be careful.
Apart from all that, have fun! 🤙