Choosing the best Softlite Softboard for you!
Softboard Size Recommendations
It's always hard to give a recommended size, because there is so many factors to take into consideration. Below is a chart on our size recommendations for Beginner surfers. If you have had a bit of surf experience you may be able to go a bit shorter, and if your advanced, you should know exactly what you want !
We produce 3 main Shapes;
Mal / Mini Mal (Chop Stick Range)
- Available in 6'0, 6'6, 7'0, 7'6, 8'0 and 9'0
- Ideal for Learning / Beginners
- Wide all the way to the front so its nice and stable
- Paddles fast so it extremely easy to catch waves early and get to you feet.
- Great for experienced riders to have fun on small days
Josh Ku cruising on the 8'0 Chop Stick. Photo Nick Bannehr
Short Boards (Pop Stick Range)
- Available in 5'6, 6'0, 6'6 ,7'0,7'6 and 8'0
- Ideal for intermediates / Young groms learning
- Traditional Shortboard shape makes it easier for turns and steeper waves
- Great for kids to learn on as they're not too wide
- Good board for experienced riders to use between the flags etc
Darcy Crump riding the 6'6 Pop Stick in Samoa. Photo Nick Bannehr
Fish Shapes (Fish Stick Range)
- Available in 5'9"
- Ideal for more experienced surfers looking for a Summer Board
- Higher widepoint allows for past paddling
- Fish shape is ideal for better performance in low quality waves
5'9 Fish Stick - Ultimate Summer small-wave softboard
Softboard Recommendations for Kids
Learn more about how to choose the right softboard for kids: